Monday, October 22, 2012
Borderlands 2 receives lots of fixes with new patch
Now I know most of the gaming community, like myself, have been pouring hours into Borderlands 2, considering there is so much to do, and so many areas to explore. Gearbox Software are really trying to keep their fan base happy. We received some fresh DLC last week, "Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty", which is the first campaign based DLC for Borderlands 2.
Gearbox Software released a patch today fixing a lot of smalls bugs and glitches that have been found in the game. There's nothing I enjoy more than seeing developers keeping their game up, and not ignoring the problems. On the other hand, I have really not experienced any kind of glitches in the game myself.
Here is the patch notes for the recent update:
• Fixed player first-person arms appearing too far up or down the screen when in horizontal/vertical split mode.
• Fixed players losing ammo when reloading a savegame with max ammo and a stockpile relic equipped.
• Fixed the vendor UI sometimes showing a count of 1 less item in the player's backpack than is actually there.
• Fixed fast travel stations from downloadable content sometimes disappearing when loading a saved game.
• Fixed players getting stuck in a white box when two people try to travel at once and one is in a vehicle.
• Allowed players to trade with each other when at maximum backpack capacity if they're trading the same number of items with each other.
• Fixed clients sometimes losing access to fast travel stations unlocked during co-op progression.
• Fixed the favorite/trash icons on inventory items sometimes disappearing when scrolling the inventory list.
• Added safeguards against the game getting stuck on a 'Saving...' prompt when a client with a splitscreen player saves and quits the game under specific rare circumstances.
• Fixed the "has abandoned your struggle!" message sometimes appearing with no player name.
• Fixed mini-map fog-of-war sometimes not uncovering correctly when first loading a saved game as a client.
• Fixed co-op players sometimes spawning at different places after a level transition.
• Fixed an error that could sometimes occur when trying to join a game where the host had recently returned from a downloadable content area.
• Fixed an error where clients would sometimes see certain weapons firing in incorrect directions.
• Fixed a blocker in the "Do No Harm" mission and repaired users already affected by the bug.
• Fixed an issue with savegames sometimes causing the game to stutter / freeze and repaired saves already affected by the bug.
• Made the user's inventory not jump to the top of the list when using a customization item.
• Fixed a bug with shields that reduce the player's maximum health not displaying the amount of health reduced on the item card.
• Fixed a bug where some challenges would sometimes re-complete levels 1 through 5 over and over again, granting the user additional ranks and tokens.
• Enemies affected by a Siren's Thoughtlock ability may now be damaged by other players.
• Fixed an issue where players could sometimes lose their third and fourth weapon slots. Characters who have already lost these slots will be repaired the next time they are loaded.
• Fixed an issue where players were sometimes unable to pick items up after another player had bulk-picked-up a nearby item.
• Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to connect to one another if one of them had recently been in DLC that the other doesn't have.
The patch is ready and will automatically update to your system when you start up the game.